The saw weighs 10.81 lbs without equipment and fuel, and weighs 13.51 lbs with the bar and chain added, so it’s relatively light for a gas chiansaw when compared with other products such as the Poulan Pro AV5020 which weighs around 161 lbs.
The 445 comes with a user manual and guide bar scabbard.
It doesn’t come with a carry case although you can pick up a heavy duty Husqvarna canvas case for around $30.
- Plenty of great features
- Light and easy to handle for a gas saw
- Low vibration
- Simple chain tightening system
- Good performance and quality cut
- Solid construction
- Good fuel consumption
- Requires a great deal of maintenance
- User manual could be clearer
The Husqvarna 455 Gas Chainsaw has earned quite a lot positive reviews from users that center on the excellent performance, ease of handling, low vibration and the range of excellent features. You can check this Husqvarna 445 chainsaw review.
However, negative reviews mention the poor user manual and issues starting the saw, but this wasn’t frequent, probably because the start up procedure wasn’t followed properly.
You should buy this saw if:
- You want an easy to handle, maneuverable gas saw.
- You require a saw to carry out light and medium duty tasks.
- You want a reliable saw which delivers excellent performance.
You should not buy this chainsaw if:
- You want a saw on which you don’t have to carry out a lot of maintenance.
- You need a saw capable of carrying out regular heavy duty assignments.
- You don’t wish to go to the trouble of mixing gas and oil.
- You are looking for a low cost chainsaw.
Husqvarna 445 Gas Chainsaw Price
This saw is reliable for regular use, however it costs between $300-$400 so is not cheap and won’t be worth the investment if you require something for ocassional use around the yard, however, it’s a fair price for this top Brand product.
There are some bucking spikes on the front of the tool that help to keep it stable during cutting and act as a safety feature, and there’s a muffler on the front of the power head unit to diminish noise levels and direct fumes away from the user, and there are several oscillation springs on the powerhead unit to dampen the vibration of the handles, preventing the user fatigue consequently.